We found this great article from Robert Mauterstock on Forbes.com. We wanted to share this artcle with you.
If your loved one has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease it is important for you to take immediate action to protect them, yourself and the rest of your family. Once they are no longer able to make decisions with some level of cognitive understanding you will be helpless to implement important legal decisions to protect them. Check out this checklist of important steps to take:
- Establish a durable power of attorney for your loved one.
- Create a health care proxy for your loved one.
- Ensure that the health care proxy (health care agent) understands the circumstances.
- Gather together all the important financial information.
- Review your will.
- Create a plan to provide care for your loved one.
- Plan and hold a family meeting.
- Review your financial resources.
- Seek out and join a support group for caregivers.
Read the whole articles HERE that includes more details.