Nestled along a fence line of timeless oak trees in beautiful Statesboro, Georgia, The Lodge at Bethany offers traditional and memory care living, as well as respite care, primarily to seniors. Constructed on the former 63 acre Neville family farm, the newly constructed 44,000 square-foot Assisted Living Community offers a range of services and amenities in a residential atmosphere, focusing on meeting our Residents’ needs and well-being.
With over 90 years of healthcare service to seniors, Bethany redefined senior living with the opening of The Lodge at Bethany in 2016. The Lodge is a not-for-profit, faith-based community owned and operated by the Primitive Baptist denomination. Regardless of denomination or affiliation, everyone is welcome to participate in our faithful and joyous community of care.
Having originally begun as a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF), then adding a Personal Care Home (PCH) in 1999, the governing body of Bethany sought to provide the highest quality of healthcare available for seniors in Statesboro and the surrounding counties. With the newly created statutory distinction of Assisted Living Community (ALC) status, The Lodge at Bethany is the only licensed ALC in the area, and is focused on innovative, research-based programming that empowers Residents to live better, together. Families of Residents are invited to participate in educational opportunities to learn more about Memory Care, Alzheimer’s, and other forms of dementia and receive assistance, inspiration, and the comfort of knowing that their loved ones are engaged and enjoying the most meaningful and fulfilling life.
Through Resident assessment and programming, staff training and management, family member education and support, and quality monitoring and improvement, The Lodge at Bethany is a leader in senior healthcare in Georgia.
We are called to serve.
Love God and love your neighbor.
We are commanded to honor.
Honor your father and mother.
We are witness to miracles every day.
It all starts with faith.
We invite you to engage in a faithful and joyous community of care.
Every day is a celebration.
We are for each other, and are richer for it.
Every act is one of compassion.
We create preaceful sanctuary.
Every interaction builds community.
We are confident we live better, together.
Leadership & Executive Staff
- Becky D. Livingston, Esq., CEO and Administrator
- Email: email@example.com
- Haedyn Kilgore, Administrator in Training
& Director of Education
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deborah Scott, RN, MHA, Director of Health Services
- Email: email@example.com
- Jerri Mathis, Accounting and Director of Programming/Activities
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Annette McDuffie, Chef
- Email: email@example.com
Board of Trustees
- Edwin E. Akins, Chairman (1994-present)
- R.L. Akins (2017-present)
- Sherri Dollar (2011-present)
- Janelle R. Hughes, Secretary-Treasurer (2014-present)
- Terry Manuel (2011-present)
- Wade McElveen (1997-present)
- Carolyn Phillips, Vice Chair (2014-present)
- Steven Rigdon (2019-present)
- William M. Trapnell, (1989-present)
- R. Lindsay Walker (2018-present)
Board of Trustees Emeritus
- Marcile Bird (1994-present)
- Lattie Price (1991-present)
- William R. (Bobby) Smith (2018-present)
Accreditation & Certifications
Georgia Council of Assisted Living
Certified Virtual Dementia Tour Site
Statesboro-Bulloch Chamber of Commerce
Bulloch County Walk to End Alzheimer's
As the mission continues, we encourage you to join the Bethany family. Become a Resident